Managing Digital IDs
Users can manage existing digital IDs in the Manage Digital IDs dialog. It allows adding new list entries by finding existing digital IDs or creating new ones. Digital IDs in the list can be deleted, viewed in detail, or exported.
Choose Document > Certificate Security > Security Settings and do one of the following in the Security Settings dialog box.
To add an existing Digital ID:
- Select Add ID.
- In the Add Digital ID dialog box, select Find an existing Digital ID.
- In the Open dialog box, browse to select an existing Digital ID from your Windows Explorer, and then click Open.
To remove a digital ID from the list:
- Click to select a digital ID in the list.
- Click Remove ID.
- Click OK.
Note: The selected Digital ID will be permanently removed. If the Digital ID is the only one remaining in a digital ID file, then the file will be deleted.
To export a Certificate:
- Click to select a digital ID in the list
- Click Export Certificate
- In the Export Data dialog box, select one of the following export option and click Next:
- E-mail the data to someone. If you select this option, the Personal X.509 Certification File exported from your selected Digital ID will be transferred to your e-mail client. The file contains a copy of a certificate that you can use to verify signatures from and encrypt documents for the selected Digital ID.
- Save the data to a file. If you select this option, the Certificate will be saved to a file.
- Do one of the following to finish exporting Certificates:
- If you select E-mail the data to someone: In the E-Mail Certificate dialog box, type the address of your e-mail client and click E-mail to send.
- If you select Save the data to a file: In the Save As dialog box, name the Certificate file and select a location to save. Click Save.
Note: The exported Certificates are usually used to verify private signatures and encrypt documents for the person who has the corresponding private key (a digital ID file). A PDF document secured with a Certificate can only be handled by the person who has the corresponding private key.
To view the Certificate details:
Click Certificate Details to view the detailed information on the Certificate Attributes.
To view the latest information of the listed digital IDs: