Searching in a Specified Folder
You can search for words in PDF documents located in a specified location, such as a folder or a local/network hard drive.
To search PDF documents in a specified folder:
- Choose Edit > Search, or click the Search button to display the Search panel at the right of the window.
- In the Search box, type the word, phrase, or partial word that you want to search for.
- Select Selected Folder in the Look In menu.
- Specify the folder or hard drive you want to search in the Specify a folder menu.
- Select desired options for the search.
Note: When Selected Folder is selected, the Include Subfolders option becomes available. Check this option if you want to search the sub-folders that the selected folder or disk contains.
- If you want to add more criteria for the search task, click Advanced to show advanced search options. See Using Advanced Search Options and Adding Additional Search Criteria.
- Click Search. The results will appear in the Results list box in page order and within proper context (if applicable).
- Click Stop to cancel further searching and limit yourself to the results already found.
- Click the item in the Results list box to display the page that contains the search result. The target result in the page will be highlighted. The bottom of panel will list the search statistics.
- Click New Search to start a new search task.