Creating a Search Index
You can use the Create Full Text Index feature to create a search index for specific PDF documents.
To create a search index:
- Choose Document > Advanced Processing > Create Full Text Indexes.
- Type a file name in Title field.
- In Description field, type general words that can properly describe the document.
- Add words that you want to ignore in searching process in Stop Words field.
- Add custom terms for the index in Custom Field.
- Click Add next to Include directory to select a folder that the index searches in for PDF files to include in the resulting index. Repeat the step to add more folders.
- Click Add next to Exclude these subdirectories to select a particular subfolder nested in a folder that’s listed in the Include directory list. The selected subfolders will be excluded from indexing.
- Click Build, and then specify the location for the index file. Click Save.
- Excluding Specific Words from the Index
- Adding Custom Properties
- Rebuilding and Purging Existing Indexes