PDF Conversion Profiles
Profiles consist of a set of PDF properties, including Compatibility, Watermark, Security, Font Embed, and Compression. The Edit Profiles dialog is where you can create new profiles or modify/delete existing ones.
To open the Edit Profiles dialog, do one of the following:
- Click the Edit button next to the Profile Selection Box in PDF Direct!.
- Right-click the application icon in the Windows taskbar and select Edit Profiles.
- Select a PDF context menu item in Windows Explorer then click Edit.
The existing profiles will be displayed in this panel. These may include predefined profiles and those you created.
To modify a profile:
- Do one of the following:
- Select a profile in the Profile selection box in PDF Direct! and click the Edit button.
- Right-click the application icon in the Notice Area and select Edit Profiles.
- Select Edit from one of the first three items in the context menu in Windows Explorer. Remember four menu items appear if you select multiple files. If you right-click a single file, only the first and the last menu items will be displayed.
- In the Edit Profiles dialog, select a profile to edit from the list on the left.
To edit settings, adjust the combo boxes and select an item from the list. For more options, click the Advanced button to the right of the property.
To create a new profile:
- Go to the Edit Profiles dialog box.
- Click the New button.
- Enter a profile name and click OK. The newly created profile will be added to the existing ones with default values.
- Adjust profile values as required.
You can delete any profile, both predefined or your own creations.
To delete a profile:
- Select a profile in the Edit Profiles dialog and click the Delete button.
- Click Yes to confirm profile deletion.
Note: If you delete a profile by mistake, create a new one with default settings and readjust the values.