When you define two or more calculations in a form, the order in which they are carried out is the order in which you defined the calculations. In some cases, you may need to modify the calculation order to obtain correct results. For example, if you wanted to use the result obtained from calculating two form fields to calculate the value of a third form field, the first two form fields must be calculated together first to obtain the correct final results.
Select from the following calculation options in the menu:
- To define the form field without calculation properties, select Value is not calculated.
- To perform a simple calculation based on the values of two or more fields, choose one of the following operation from the menu, and then pick fields for the calculation:
- As the sum (+) of the selected fields
- As the product (*) of the selected fields
- As the average of the selected fields
- As the minimum of the selected fields
- As the maximum of the selected fields
Note: Simple calculations are available only for form fields that use number or percentage formats. See Format Options.
- To specify calculation expressions in a spreadsheet-like format, such as Sum=Field1+Field2, select Using simple field notation.
To specify the calculation order of form fields:
- Choose Forms > Set Field Calculation Order. The Calculate Fields dialog box displays all calculable fields in your form and the order in which the calculations are performed.
- To change the field calculation order, select the field from the list, and then select the Up or Down button.
- Click OK.