Filling In an Interactive Form
Users can fill in a PDF form with dynamic form fields using the Hand tool . When you move the Hand tool over an interactive area that allows you to fill in data, the pointer will change to the proper icon directing you to enter data (e.g. a appears when you can enter text). If the form fields are static, the Hand tool will remain unchanged. Static form fields need to be printed and filled in by hand.
To fill in an interactive PDF form:
- Select the Hand tool .
- Move the Hand tool to dynamic form fields which allow you to fill in data and click them.
- Fill in the related data in the following form fields:
- In a Text Field, the pointer will appear as an I-beam icon , which allows you to type text.
- In a List Box or Combo Box, the pointer will appear as the Arrow icon , which allows you to select an item.
- When the pointer appears as the Pointing Hand you can select a Button, a Check Box, a Radio Button, or a Signature Field.
- When you have typed text or selected an option, do one of the following to continue to fill in another form field:
- Move the pointer to another form field area you want to fill in and click it.
- Press Tab or Shift + Tab to go to the next or previous form field. The Tab order follows the order the author has determined.
- If the current field is a check box, press Enter to turn the check box on or off. In a multi-line text form field, press Enter to create a paragraph return in the same form field.
- Press Esc to reject the form field change and deselect the current form field.
- Save the form with the filled in data if desired.
Special Features for Forms:
- Select Forms > Highlight Form Fields to highlight all form fields in the document. This makes sure you won’t miss any forms to fill in. See Highlight and Clear Form Fields.
- Click Import Data button to import existing form data to the form you’re filling, or by using the Import Data to Form menu command. See Creating an Import Data Button and Importing and Exporting Form Data.
- Export the form data and save as a FDF file. See Importing and Exporting Form Data.
- Print the form to a paper file.
- Sign the form after you finished filling in all data. See Signing a PDF Document.
To clear unsaved form entries in PDF Plus:
- Choose File > Revert to Last Save.