Creating an Import Data Button
You can create a button with the Import Form Data action to enable users to fill in common form fields automatically, such as name, telephone number, or other personal profile information. However, only matched form fields will be updated – those that do not match are ignored. Also, make sure each document you are importing/exporting data to/from allows those actions.
To create an Import Data button:
- Choose Forms > Button Tool, or select the Button Tool on the Form Tools toolbar.
- Drag to create a button area and then open the Button Properties dialog box.
- Click the Actions tab and select Mouse Up from the Select Trigger menu.
- Select Import form data from the Select Action menu and then click Add.
- Browse to select an FDF file, and click Select.
- Click OK to accept the selections.
- Define the appearance and display of the button in other tabs, if necessary, or click Close.