Creating a Form Submit Button
You can create a button and set a Submit a form action to send form data to an e-mail address or to a web server by specifying a Uniform Resource Locator (URL).
To create a submit button:
- Choose Forms > Button Tool, or select the Button Tool on the Form Tools toolbar.
- Drag on the document to create a button area, then open the Button Properties dialog box.
- Click the Actions tab and select Mouse Up from the Select Trigger menu.
- Select Submit a form from the Select Action menu, then click Add.
- In the Submit Form Selections dialog box, do one of the following in the Enter a URL for this link box:
- To send the form data to a web server, enter the destination URL.
- To send form data to an email address, enter mailto: followed by the email address (e.g., mailto: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Select an Export Format option:
- FDF: Exports the form data as an FDF file.
- HTML: Exports the form data as an HTML file. You can select Get or Post method to send it.
Note: If the users will be filling in the PDF form with a PDF reader, you must choose FDF for the Export Format option.
- For Field Selection, do as follows:
- To export all form fields that contain values, select All fields.
- To export only specific form fields, select Only these. Click Select Fields, and then indicate the form fields to include/Exclude.
- Select Include Empty Fields and the form fields that do not contain values will be exported too.
- Select Convert dates to standard format to export all form dates in a single format, no matter how they are entered into the form.
- Click OK to accept the selections.
- Define the appearance and display of the button in other tabs, if necessary, or click Close.