Setting Links to Attachments
You can create a link in your PDF document that lets users open the file attachment within the document panel. You can also create links between attached files, or from an attachment back to the parent PDF document.
Note: Don’t confuse file attachments with files that can be opened from a link. File attachments are actually added to the document using the Attach command, while links do not. See Creating links.
To create a link to a file attachment:
- Open a PDF document that contains a file attachment.
- Go to where you want to create a link. If that location is in the file attachment, click the Attachments tab, select the file attachment, and click Open.
- Choose Tools > Advanced > Link or select the Link tool on the Advanced toolbar.
- Select the area for the link.
- In the Create Link dialog box, set the link appearance, select Go to a page view, and then click Next.
- Set the page number and view magnification you want, either in the parent PDF document or in the file attachment, and then click Set Link.