You can use the Link tool to create visible or invisible links. You can create links directly from text and images using the Select Text tool and the Select Area tool.
To create a link using the Link tool:
- Turn to the view where you want to create a link from in the document.
- Choose Tools > Advanced > Link, or select the Link tool on the Advanced toolbar. The pointer becomes a cross hair (+), and any existing links in the document, including invisible links, are temporarily visible.
- Drag the pointer to create a rectangle area (marquee) in which the link is active.
- Right-click the marquee, and then choose settings for the link in the Link Properties dialog box.
- To set a Link Action, do one of the following:
- Select Go to a page view, and click Next. Set the page number and view magnification you want in the current document or in another document, or use named destination. Click OK.
- Select Open a file, and click Next. Browse to select the destination file, and click Open. Click OK.
- Select Open a web page, and click Next. Enter a URL of the destination web page. Click OK.
- Select Custom Link (Not available for text links), and click Next to open the Link Properties dialog box. You can set actions associated with the link in the dialog box.
To create a link using the Select Text tool or the Select Area tool:
- Choose the Select Text tool or the Select Area tool and drag to select the text or image area from which you want to create a link.
- Right-click the selection, and choose Create Link from the context menu.
- Select options in the Create Link dialog box as described in the previous procedure.