A newly created bookmark initially displays the page that was in view. However, you can still modify its text, destination, action type, and appearance.
Changing a bookmark’s name:
- Select the bookmark in the Bookmark panel and select Rename Bookmark from the options menu. Type in the new bookmark name.
- Right-click the bookmark in the Bookmark panel and select Rename Bookmark in the Bookmark context menu. Type in the new bookmark name.
Changing a bookmark’s appearance:
- Select the bookmark in the Bookmark panel, choose Properties from the options menu, and change the text style and color.
- Right-click the bookmark in the Bookmark panel, choose Properties in the Bookmark context menu, and change the text style and color.
To change or edit a bookmark’s destination:
- Select the bookmark in the Bookmark panel
- In the document, go to the specific page view you want to set as the new destination.
- Choose Set Destination from the options menu or in the Bookmark context menu (right-click).
To add an action to a bookmark:
- Open the Bookmark panel.
- Right-click a bookmark, and choose Properties from the Bookmark context menu.
- Open the Bookmark Properties dialog box and click Actions.
- Choose an action from the Select Action menu and click Add.
For information on the actions that can be associated with bookmarks, see Action types.
To wrap long bookmarks:
In the Bookmarks panel, choose Options > Preference > Wrap Long Bookmarks. Wrapping long bookmarks will automatically fit the text of long bookmark titles into the Navigation Panel by displaying multiple lines (This option is on when checked and off when not checked).
To delete a bookmark:
- Select the bookmark or range of bookmarks you want to delete in the Bookmark panel.
- Choose Delete Bookmark(s) from the Options menu or in the Bookmark context menu. You can also press Delete from the keyboard to delete the selected bookmark.
Note: Deleting a bookmark deletes all of its children bookmarks. Deleting a bookmark does not delete any document text.