Though PDF documents have bookmarks generated from a table of contents, you can create new bookmarks to emphasize specific sections. You can also set the appearance for each bookmark and add an action.
To create a new bookmark:
- Open the PDF document and turn to the page view you want the bookmark to link to.
- Choose the Select Text tool , and then drag to select the text you want to bookmark. The selected text will become the default label of the new bookmark, but you may always edit this.
- Open the Bookmark panel and click the bookmark under which you want to place the new bookmark. If you don’t select a bookmark, the new bookmark will be automatically added to the end of the list.
- Choose New Bookmark from the Options menu or click the New Bookmark icon at the top of the Bookmark panel.
- Type or edit the name of the new bookmark, and press Enter.
- Right-click the new bookmark, select Properties from the bookmark context menu, and choose a color and style for the text.