- Choose Set Document Actions.
- In the Set Document Actions window, select a document event.
- Click the Edit button.
- Click OK and close the window.
To edit your script directly:
- Compile your script.
- Click Add.
- Name your script for identification and click OK.
- Click Edit and compile your script. When done, click OK.
- Click Close to finish.
Provided that your script is correct, and it is supported by the version of your PDF, the set event will execute the specified action.
Example – E-mailing the PDF that you have just saved:
- Select Document Save Completed in the Set Document Actions dialog.
- Click Edit.
- Type in the following script: this.mailDoc(true);
- Click OK.
After you have successfully saved the PDF, a new blank e-mail message will pop-up with your PDF attached to it.
- Open the Properties dialog box of a bookmark, a link or a form field, and click Actions tab.
- Click Close.