Like the Touchup Text tool, you can use the Touchup Object tool to select an image or object in a PDF document and move it to a new location. The Touchup Object tool is only used for last-minute corrections to images and objects in a PDF document. For major revisions, use the original authoring application, then regenerate the PDF document.
If you edit a text box, the entire text box will be selected. The Touchup Object tool cannot select individual characters that are part of larger text blocks. You need to use the Touchup Text tool to edit individual characters and words. See Editing Text.
Note: Comments are not considered page elements and therefore cannot be selected or manipulated using the Touchup tools.
To edit an object with the Touchup Object tool:
- Choose Tools > Touchup >Touchup Object tool, or select the Touchup Object tool on the Advanced toolbar.
- Right-click the image or object, and then choose one of the following commands from the context menu.
- Drag the selected image to the desired location.
- You can group to build up larger objects or ungroup to split objects to smaller parts when you’re using the Touchup Object tool.
To group or ungroup objects:
- Choose Tools > Touchup > Touchup Object tool, or select the Touchup Object tool on the Advanced toolbar.
- Hold down Shift key, and click to select the objects you want to group or ungroup.
- Right-click the selected objects and choose Group/Ungroup.