Clearing Digital Signatures
Digital signatures can be cleared from a PDF document, but the signer’s identity will be lost. The signature field remains, but that can be removed also, if allowed by the
PDF users can clear the digital signature in a PDF document after it was signed. When you clear a signature, the document also loses the signer’s identify. The signature field will be retained after you clear the signature. However, you can delete it if the PDF document’s settings allow.
To clear a signature field, do one of the following:
- Right-click the signature field with the Hand or the Sign Document Tool and select Clear Signature Field from the context menu.
- Open the Signatures Panel and select the Signature Field you’d like to clear. Then either right-click or go to Options and select Clear Signature Field.
To clear all signature fields in document:
- Choose Document > Digital Signatures > Clear all Signature Fields.
- When prompted, click OK to delete, or click Cancel to confirm.
Note: Clearing a signature field is permanent. You cannot undo.
To remove a signature field:
- First clear the signature field (See Above).
- Right-click the signature field and select Delete Signature Field from the context menu.