Certifying a PDF Document
Certifying a document lets you specify what types of changes can be made to the document without losing certification. For example, a contract order may only allow the filling in of form data and digital signing. If any revisions are made to the contract, it loses its certified status. PDF certification ensures your PDF documents are not altered without approval.
To certify a PDF:
- Make sure you have made all final changes to your PDF document.
- Choose Document > Digital Signatures > Certify Document > Certify Document. Or, select Certify Document from the Advanced toolbar menu.
- Drag a rectangle signature field where your digital signature will be located.
- In the Certify Document dialog box, select a digital ID and enter the password if necessary. Specify allowed actions for the signed PDF and set Signature options if necessary. Click Next when done.
- Select an appropriate Appearance, or create a new one.
- Click Save As or Save. See Signing a PDF.