Notes are the most commonly used comment type for PDF review. You can add a note anywhere on any page of the document. When you select the Note tool and click the page to add a note, a note icon and a pop-up window will appear, similar to adding a sticky note to paper. Type comments or comment responses into the same window. Both the icon and pop-up window can be moved, as well as customized in appearance.
To add a note:
- Choose Comments > Note or select the Note tool on the Comment toolbar.
- Click on the page where you want to add a note.
- Type note text into the pop-up window. Copy/Paste is supported.
- (Optional) Click the close button in the upper-right corner of the pop-up window to close it. Closing the pop-up window does not delete the comment, only hides it.
Editing a note:
- Double-click the note icon to open the pop-up window.
- Edit the text as needed.
Replying to a note:
- Right-click the Note icon and select Reply. Enter your text into the pop-up window.
Note: Open the Comments Panel to view replies.
Setting Note Properties
- Right-click the Note icon and select Properties from the context menu to change the text formatting, note color, and other note properties. See Setting Comment Properties.
Note: To resize a pop-up window, drag its lower right corner.