Highlight, Cross-out, and Underline Text
You can add comments to a PDF document by highlighting, crossing out, and underlining page text. You can use these comments by themselves or in conjunction with notes. For example, you may cross out a sentence to indicate that it should be deleted, and then double click the markup to add desired text in a pop-up window.
To highlight, cross out, or underline text:
- Choose Comments > Highlight/Cross-Out/Underline or select the desired tool in the Comment toolbar.
- Drag from the beginning of the text you want to mark up.
- Select the Text Markup tool or the Select Text tool . The cursor will change to .
- Drag to select the text you want to highlight, cross out or underline.
- Then do one of the following:
- Right-click the selected area and then choose Highlight/Cross-Out/Underline to mark.
- Select Comments > Text Markups > Highlight Selected Text
To delete a highlight, cross out, or underline markup:
- Right click the markup area, select Delete from the context menu, or select the markup, and then press Delete.
- If markup comments are placed on top of one another, you can only delete the markup in an order opposite to the order they are added.