3D Object Model Tree
Turning on the Model Tree option for a 3D object displays the object’s structure and properties, which can then be activated/deactivated.
How to Use the 3D Object Model Tree:
- First, make sure the 3D Object is activated. You can do this by clicking on the object with the Hand Tool.
- Once the Object is activated, you can enter the Model Tree three ways – By clicking the Model Tree icon on the left sidebar, clicking the Model Tree icon in the 3D Toolbar, or right-clicking the object and selecting Show Model Tree.
- When the Model Tree Sidebar opens you will be able to see the different parts listed. Uncheck each part to deactivate it. Check the box again to activate.
- At the bottom of the sidebar is the Property information. Here you can see some of the statistics for the object.
- Click the Options button at the top of the sidebar for more options.
- Show All Parts – Displays the entire 3D Object.
- Show/Hide Bounding Box – Displays the box enclosing the 3D model.
- Color Settings – Change the color of the bounding box or the object highlights.
- Render Mode – Change the object’s appearance.
- Lights – Adjust the lighting for the object.
- Export Whole Tree – Export the Model Tree information as an .XML file.